I thought I would note some of the changes I’ve run across as we begin operating under the NFOG. I may update this post as I find other items worth mentioning.
- There’s no longer a requirement for deacons to meet annually with session. (The old G-6.0405.)
- The category of “inactive member” has been eliminated: G-1.0401. (Amen.)
- Congregations decide their own rules for the minimum notification time preceding a congregational meeting: G-1.0502.
- Congregations also set their own quorum to conduct business: G-1.0501.
- Robert’s Rules is no longer mandated (old G-7.0302c).
- The composition of the nominating committee is defined by the congregation, except it has to have (in addition to the ex-officio pastor) three active members and at least one currently-serving ruling elder: G-2.0401.
- After the election of new officers, session examines them, and, if they pass, session decides when they get ordained and/or installed: G-2.0402.
- Sessions decide their own quorum: G-3.0203.